I was such a jerk before I had a baby. I was an even bigger one before I got pregnant.
This is a post in which I eat my words. Good thing they're tasty.
The Things I Used To Say:
- I'm only going to gain 10 pounds when I'm pregnant (try 35.)
- I'm going to work out every day when I'm pregnant (if napping is a workout, maybe.)
- I'm going to eat healthy (cheese) organic (cake) wholesome (chocolate) nutritious (croissant) foods when I'm pregnant.
- I am going to do my hair (ponytail) and wear high heels when I'm pregnant (hahahahahahaha!)
- I won't get stretch marks (wrong again!)
- I'm going to try to have my baby without any interventions (had a spinal and an emergency c-section.)
- I'm going to breastfeed (still in progress.)
- I'm going to work out every day as soon as the baby's born (hasn't happened yet.)
- I'm going to be back in my pre-pregnancy jeans very soon after baby's born (not. pretty.)
- This baby isn't going to rule my life (!)
- I will be able to put the baby down so I can get stuff done.
- I can do it without help.
- I can do it all.
- I know exactly what I'm getting into.